Facebook Profile vs Facebook Page – Part 2
Last fall we posted a blog article showing the difference between a facebook profile versus a facebook page. As we’ve been engaging with other Cape Cod businesses we still see some of them using their profile as a substitute for a page. Here are 5 good reasons to have a facebook page.
1. Limited Appplications – Some applications only run on pages like www.wildfireapp.com to promote contests and sweepstakes. If you have your profile as your business, then you are out of luck to run these promotions which are great to increase your fan base.
2. Added Details – Events are a great way to engage people and promote your business activities. True you can add an event with a profile, but you are more limited than with a fan page. With a facebook fan page you can add a picture of the event, give end time, and a link to the event or your website.
3. Analytics Capability - Insights is what facebook calls its analytics tool which gives you accurate demographic information in regards to sex, age range, and what area the fans are from. That information is gathered by the users profile. In addition Insights provides how users are interacting with your fan page and your post quality is compared to other fan pages of your size. This will help you gage if your posts are what your fans want or if you need to change it up to get your fans engaged with you.
4. Facebook Advertising – With your Insights you can match your facebook advertising with your demographic profile of your fans. A big advantage to increase your CTR – Click Through Rate.
5. Visibility – As simple as it sounds it needs to be pointed out that a person can view your fan page without becoming a fan. If you setup your profile as private, then potential fans can’t see your wall and other features of your profile until you accept them as a friend. This could decrease the number of people that will be attracted to your business.
In summary, if you still are using your profile as your fan page please create a fan page instead and you will see an improvement in your fan base. If you need assistance in setting up, maintaining or promoting you fan page we are available for hire. And stay tuned for our next post about facebook groups versus facebook pages. If you’re getting even more confused, don’t worry as we will straighten it all out for you.