Social Media for the Holidays
Since most on line shopping occurs before December 12th, now is a good time to gauge your holiday sales to see if you are on course this year. If your sales need improving, no need to frett. Social Media is a great way to increase your sales in no time – if it is done properly. Here are a few ideas to boost up your sales:
1. Create a festive social media presence by customizing your twitter and facebook pages for the holidays.
3. Write a free (industry specific) downloadable Holiday Survival guide for your customers.
4. Because holidays – Christmas especially – are often about family, stressing this unit in all your holiday marketing campaigns can help attract high-quality customers and clients. Here is an article from Julia Rogers for recession-friendly Holiday-Marketing strategies.
5. Use email effectively to increase awareness and minimize abandonment. Here are some great email marketing tips courtesy of Stefan Pollard - http://www.clickz.com/3634675
6. Create a “12 Days of Christmas” of different products or services promotion. Advertise any special promotions, sales or deals you have through your status updates and any photos and videos from special holiday events. Create that emotional bond with your customers.
7. Participate in National Free Shipping Day on December 17th. Since most on-line sales are completed by then, this is a great opportunity to catch those last minute shoppers. You can join for free at http://www.freeshippingday.com/
We wish you great success this holiday season and hope you find these tips useful. Remember we offer a complimentary social media plan to help your business or non-profit grow.